- Scrape your dishes but do not pre-rinse. If your dishwasher is working properly, you shouldn’t need to rinse your dishes. Just scrape off any food and load them in the dishwasher.
- Fill your dishwasher to its capacity and you’ll get the maximum use of energy every time you run a load. Your dishwasher uses the same amount of water and energy no matter how full it is.
- Use your dishwasher’s air-dry option. If it doesn’t have one, prop the door open to allow dishes to air-dry after the final rinse.
- Try a rinse aid instead of the heated-dry cycle to speed up drying time and help remove spots on glasses.
- Wash dishes during off-peak hours. Some local utilities recommend avoiding heavy energy usage at certain times of day.
Call us when you need us! We’re here to help!