It’s National Buttermilk Biscuit Day!
Here are a few secrets to making the best ever buttermilk biscuit…
– Use a soft flour that has been chilled, it does make a difference!
– Use a pastry cutter to cut very cold butter into flour
– Use buttermilk, real buttermilk. All good southern biscuits contain buttermilk. Period.
– A successful, fluffy and light biscuit comes from keeping the dough cold and not handling it too much.
– Take care not to twist the glass or biscuit cutter. Push down and lift up on the cutter. Twisting the cutter will cause the fibers in the edges of the biscuit to close and will result in a flatter, more dense biscuit. So just press down and lift up – no twisting!!
BA APPLIANCE REPAIR SERVICE
Affordable Appliance Repair in the Greater Cincinnati Area
Call 513-233-8209 to schedule a service appointment